- Why did the sprinkler pipe freeze?
> Because the sprinkler room was at a below-freezing temperature.
- Why was the sprinkler room allowed to get to a below-freezing temperature?
> Because the maintenance man was in there on Friday, and when he left the door didn’t close all the way.
- Why didn’t the door close all the way?
> Because the cold temperatures mis-aligned the door to the sprinkler room.
- Why didn’t the local heating prevent a pipe freeze?
> It tried, but the heat couldn’t keep up with the heat loss from the door being open.
- Why weren’t we alerted about this until after the pipe was frozen?
> Because we didn’t have a Salamander Reservoir on the system.
The book does say that mistakes can be tolerated if there is a learning, but there is not tolerance for making the same mistake twice. So, get connected & protected with a Salamander Reservoir today!
#LeanStartup #PropertyManager #5Whys #NFPA